Vertical Market Intelligence provides institutional investors with timely and differentiated information, through deep investigative research of industry channels and competitive dynamics, to assist them in their investment decision-making process.
Vertical Market Intelligence is actively seeking aggressive and talented business and financial reporters who enjoy taking deep dives into new subjects, find hard to get sources in the channel and surface unique, non-consensus insights on industry trends in emerging areas of technology, from consumer Internet, to digital payments, fintech, cloud software, and crypto/blockchain.
Location: New York City (Midtown)
Employment Type: Part Time (20-24 hours/week)
Salary/Rate: $15,00 per hour
This internship offers a way to sharpen your real-world reporting and writing talents in an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture. In addition to great on the ground experience in business research and writing it could provide. It will help position you for multiple potential career paths, as a financial journalist, data journalist, or industry analyst. The ideal candidate:
- Will have first-rate interviewing skills,
- Will be able to work in a collaborative environment,
- Will be stubborn and tenacious - obsessed with digging into a subject order to get to the core of complicated stories,
- Will have a thick-skinned, “gumshoe” investigator personality - not afraid of lots of cold calling to get hard to get sources,
- Will possess a voracious intellectual curiosity, and
- WIll be able to work independently.
Although the job location is in midtown New York City, much of the work can be performed on a remote telecommuting basis.
Vertical Market Intelligence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.